WITS Vacancies 2023 || University Of The Witwatersrand Indeed Jobs In Johannesburg, Gauteng
WITS Vacancies 2023 || University Of The Witwatersrand Indeed Jobs In Johannesburg, Gauteng:- Hello friends, welcome to our job portal. We are sharing some information with you about WITS Vacancies. WITS Department/Company has released Student Development Practitioner Jobs in Gauteng. By the way, WITS always publishes good jobs for you, and we convey those WITS jobs to you with the help of the WITS Careers Portal. We post current jobs like Indeed Jobs for you. You can also see this about WITS Jobs Near Me because at any location you want to see employment, whether Johannesburg, Gauteng jobs, or any city/state in South Africa, I will also get information about them.
Gauteng Jobs Seekers, Here we have provided the WITS Vacancies Job Description, and a WITS Student Development Practitioner Vacancies online link, so candidates can apply at WITS official website. You Can Bookmark Our Job Portal For South Africa Government Vacancies, WITS Job Vacancies, And Za Government Jobs.
WITS Student Development Practitioner Jobs Details Here:
Department Name ⇒ WITS
Position Name ⇒ Student Development Practitioner
Job Location ⇒ Johannesburg, Gauteng
Official Website ⇒ https://www.wits.ac.za/
WITS Student Development Practitioner Job Description:
Key responsibilities include the following:
- To plan, design, develop a first-year experience (FYE) programme in collaboration with multiple stakeholders and implement a coherent monitoring and evaluation framework to ensure successful transition of first year students as well other transitional programs meant for students in senior years of study.
- To report on the first-year students’ participation with the first-year experience programme and work collaboratively with partners in the mentorship programme to facilitate effective peer engagement and support for first year students.
- To connect and collaborate cross-institutionally with key stakeholders to develop a community of practice for first-year experience program and provide high level report to the first-year experience committee on FYE program implementation.
- To implement flexible means in the rollout the pre-online orientation for prospective students working collaboratively with Student Enrolment Centre (SENC) and systematically review the strength of both the pre-online orientation program as well as the cost effectiveness of the applicable platform.
- To co-ordinate student life component of the Gateway to Success (previously the Orientation week).
- To ensure that all administration related to purchases (purchase orders and internal requisitions) are properly completed and filed.
- To provide an effective office function to support student volunteers, interns, mentors, and deal with student enquiries.
- To plan, design, develop and implement a holistic student support programme for bursary holders in collaboration with the faculties, bursary support administrator and programme managers.
- To work collaboratively with faculties to respond through programmatic interventions to the academic needs of bursary holders and implement a quality management system to evaluate the impact of implemented programs towards the academic success of participants.
- To manage the administration and delivery of internal and external campus Promotions which contribute towards the holistic development of all students and to establish a vibrant, robust, and dynamic student life culture at the University.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree;
- 3 years training and development experience
- Excellent administrative skills
- Sound computer knowledge
- Knowledge of student affairs, programme development and management, research and negotiation skills
- Ability to recognise and skilfully resolve conflict situations
- A proactive, energetic individual with a high level of emotional intelligence who can promote the Development and Leadership Unit as a department
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of service excellence
- Effective communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Experience in adventure experiential related learning will be an advantage
- At least 3 years relevant work experience is required, of which 1 year at least must have been at a tertiary education institution or similar environment;
- At least 2 years as a Student Development Practitioner would be a definite advantage.
Closing Date: 1 December 2023
To apply, please submit a covering letter explicitly addressing why you suitable for this position, a detailed CV with names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail addresses of 3 referees.
External applicants are invited to apply, by registering their profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located at https://irec.wits.ac.za and submitting their application.
Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits /Self Service application/”Apply for a job”
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment, to re-advertise and to verify all information provided by candidates.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.