UJ Vacancies 2023 || University of Johannesburg Indeed Jobs In Johannesburg, Gauteng
UJ Vacancies 2023 || University of Johannesburg Indeed Jobs In Johannesburg, Gauteng:- Hello friends, welcome to our job portal. We are sharing some information with you about UJ Vacancies. UJ Department/Company has released Financial Officer I (P10) (x2 Posts) Jobs in Gauteng. By the way, UJ always publishes good jobs for you, and we convey those UJ jobs to you with the help of the UJ Careers Portal. We post current jobs like Indeed Jobs for you. You can also see this about UJ Jobs Near Me because at any location you want to see employment, whether Johannesburg, Gauteng jobs, or any city/state in South Africa, I will also get information about them.
Gauteng Jobs Seekers, Here we have provided the UJ Vacancies Job Description, and a UJ Financial Officer I (P10) (x2 Posts) Vacancies online link, so candidates can apply at UJ official website. You Can Bookmark Our Job Portal For South Africa Government Vacancies, UJ Job Vacancies, And Za Government Jobs.
UJ Financial Officer I (P10) (x2 Posts) Jobs Details Here:
Department Name ⇒ UJ
Position Name ⇒ Financial Officer I (P10) (x2 Posts)
Job Location ⇒ Johannesburg, Gauteng
Official Website ⇒ https://www.uj.ac.za/
UJ Financial Officer I (P10) (x2 Posts) Job Description:
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
- Index on the Kofax System
- Capture invoices on the Oracle system
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Ensure timeous and accurate payments to suppliers
- Monthly Age Analysis Report
- Very strong on Forex Process and Payments
- Liaising with the Forex Bank for BOP codes
- Drawing up a Contract for Forex Licence
- Negotiating best rates with the Forex Bank
- Follow up on all old outstanding Invoices
- Ensure no invoices are older than 120 days
- Monthly filing of documents in alphabetically Order
- Timeous application of all prepayments
- Ensuring that all Audit Requirements are met timeously
- Payments for staff reimbursements and staff advances
- Manage the ongoing business relationship with Key Suppliers
- Manage the ongoing relationship with all end-users as well as students
- Ensure Compliance with UJ’s health, safety and environmental policies and standards
- Ensure Compliance with government legislative requirements
- Ensure Compliance with UJ’s Code of Conduct
- Ensure Compliance with UJ’s Supplier Code of Ethics
- Ensure Fully documented audit trails
- Ensure continuous improvement in Accounts Payable processes by monitoring, measuring, and benchmarking where appropriate
- Collaboration with all stakeholders are further key elements in the continuous improvement process
- Diploma in Accountancy or financial management discipline (NQF 6)
- Some understanding of Forex Payments
- Experience in accounts payable processes
- Solid understanding of reconciliations and accounting principles
- Exposure in working on Oracle or similar systems
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (excel; word and Power point)
- Knowledge of Kofax would be an advantage
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Attention to detail
- Excellent People’s skills
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with large volumes of work
- A strong team player
- Good verbal and written communications
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
Enquiries regarding the job content: Ms Niri Naraidu on (011) 559-6299
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to [email protected]
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email [email protected]
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.