UFS Curriculum Adviser Vacancies 2023 In Bloemfontein, Free State
UFS Vacancies 2022 - Current Government Vacancies In Bloemfontein, Free State
UFS Curriculum Adviser Vacancies 2023 In Bloemfontein, Free State || UFS Indeed Jobs In Bloemfontein, Free State:- Hello friends, welcome to our job portal. We are sharing some information with you about UFS Vacancies. UFS Department/Company has released Curriculum Adviser Jobs in Free State. By the way, UFS always publishes good jobs for you, and we convey those UFS jobs to you with the help of the UFS Careers Portal. We post current jobs like Indeed Jobs for you. You can also see this about UFS Jobs Near Me because at any location you want to see employment, whether Bloemfontein, Free State jobs, or any city/state in South Africa, I will also get information about them.
Free State Jobs Seekers, Here we have provided the UFS Vacancies Job Description, and a UFS Curriculum Adviser Vacancies online link, so candidates can apply at UFS official website. You Can Bookmark Our Job Portal For South Africa Government Vacancies, UFS Job Vacancies, And Za Government Jobs.
UFS Curriculum Adviser Jobs Details Here:
Department Name ⇒ UFS
Position Name ⇒ Curriculum Adviser
Job Location ⇒ Bloemfontein, Free State
Official Website ⇒ https://www.ufs.ac.za/
UFS Curriculum Adviser Job Description:
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website: https://ufs.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll – Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide assistance with the arrangements of, and functionalities at the Faculty Prize giving function.
- Provide assistance to the Faculty Manager with the welcoming of the 1st year students.
- Perform any reasonable ad-hoc requests as requested from the Dean and Faculty Manager from time to time.
- Facilitate the process of recognition of modules for students who transferred from another qualification within the UFS or from another university.
- Provide assistance to the Faculty Manager with the arrangements and planning for registrations at the beginning of the year, as well as the start of the second semester. This includes the training of additional staff to assist with registration.
- Provide administrative support to the Faculty Employment Equity Committee through the performance of secretariat duties (setting up the meetings and minute taking) for this committee’s meetings.
- Provide assistance with the answering of enquiries received on the generic Faculty email address.
- Provide assistance with general student enquiries via emails, phones and walk-ins.
- Represent the faculty on the Academic Advising Forum.
- Provide inputs and incorporate information received at the forum, into daily operations.
- Provide inputs during the compilation of the Faculty Rule Books w.r.t. curricula, faculty rules and general rules.
- Interpret and apply the general rules and faculty rules in order to provide curriculum advice to students during registrations.
- Interpret and apply the general rules and faculty rules in order to do quality control of student records during the course of the year.
- Liaise with students, Programme Directors, Academic Heads of Departments, Dean, Registrars, and Student Academic Services w.r.t. student enquiries and student records and registration.
- Maintain of the Curriculum Management and Curriculum Builder functionalities on People Soft for the relevant curricula.
- Provide curriculum advice to students during registrations and lifting of academic blocks.
- Refer students to the appropriate support services on campus, such as CUADS, CTL, Kovsie Counselling and other relevant stakeholders.
- Upload information in accordance with the case management system.
- Act as supervisor over student assistants who also provide curriculum advice during registrations.
- Act as advisor to Programme Directors.
- Provide assistance to the Marketing Officer at Open Day by giving programme advice to prospective students.
- Act as liaison between the Faculty and Student Disciplinary and Mediation Unit.
- Act as liaison between the Faculty and the Library. This includes the Library Open Day.
- Act as student liaison between the Bloemfontein campus, Qwaqwa campus and South Campus.
- Provide support with stakeholder functions.
- Responsible for record maintenance of undergraduate students and postgraduate (PG Dip & Honours) students’ academic records through data capturing and recordkeeping. This includes the manual registration of students.
- Interpret and apply the general rules and faculty rules in order to do quality control of student records during the course of the year. This includes checking student academic records according to the relevant curriculum to ensure that students comply with the general rules and faculty rules.
- Process student appeals forms in preparation of the Faculty Readmission Appeals Committee.
- Process data in preparation of the Faculty Examination Board and present data at the Faculty Examination Board.
- Process DV2 & DV3 forms on People Soft.
- Provide assistance in the graduation hall during graduation ceremonies such as row control, handing out seat numbers to students.
- Perform record controls of students who graduate.
Inherent Job Requirements:
- Applicable Bachelor’s degree on NQF level 7.
- Two (2) years’ office administration experience in a Higher Education environment.
- Previous experience in a curriculum advising capacity in Higher Education.
- Knowledge of the processes and systems of the UFS.
Key Competencies Required:
- Results orientated:
o The ability to cope with a frequently changing environment and to adapt to evolving situations.
o The ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Strategic thinking:
o The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
o The ability to focus on details, work towards perfection, and approach work in a neat and organized manner.
- Business acumen:
o Ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
o Ability to be cooperative with others, display good-natured attitude, and encourage people to work together.
o The ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Building coalitions:
o The ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
o The ability to make decisions through consultation, collaboration, and working with close supervision. The ability to make decisions through consultation, collaboration, and working with close supervision.
- Certified copies must not be older than 6 months
- A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter;
- Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of all academic records;
- Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- A certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
- Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
- A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable);
- A service record of your current employer / last employer (only applicable to external applicants).
Assumption of duties:
1 March 2023
15 December 2023
The annual remuneration package, including benefits is R 383,587.83- R482,507.96 per annum depending on the budget available for the position, relevant work experience and qualifications.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact me at 051 401 9814 or email at [email protected] or [email protected]. Additionally, kindly contact 051 401 2979 /9848 /9810 /9814 for assistance.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/ division.
The UFS is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity, and redress in achieving its equity targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets. Preference will be given to candidates from the under-represented designated groups including candidates with disabilities. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at : https://ufsacza.sharepoint.com/:b:/r/sites/supportservices/hr/Employment Equity/EEA13_EE Plan UFS 1 March 2023 (003).pdf?csf=1&web=1&e=TjtoXH
The University processes personal information in line with its obligations under the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and any personal information provided to the University will be treated as confidential and processed in accordance with the rights provided to data subjects under POPIA.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.c