UCT Lecturer Vacancies 2023 In Cape Town, Western Cape
UCT Vacancies 2022 - Current Government Vacancies In Cape Town, Western Cape
UCT Lecturer Vacancies 2023 In Cape Town, Western Cape || UCT Indeed Jobs In Cape Town, Western Cape:- Hello friends, welcome to our job portal. We are sharing some information with you about UCT Vacancies. UCT Department/Company has released Lecturer Jobs in Western Cape. By the way, UCT always publishes good jobs for you, and we convey those UCT jobs to you with the help of the UCT Careers Portal. We post current jobs like Indeed Jobs for you. You can also see this about UCT Jobs Near Me because at any location you want to see employment, whether Cape Town, Western Cape jobs, or any city/state in South Africa, I will also get information about them.
Western Cape Jobs Seekers, Here we have provided the UCT Vacancies Job Description, and a UCT Lecturer Vacancies online link, so candidates can apply at UCT official website. You Can Bookmark Our Job Portal For South Africa Government Vacancies, UCT Job Vacancies, And Za Government Jobs.
UCT Lecturer Jobs Details Here:
Department Name ⇒ UCT
Position Name ⇒ Lecturer
Job Location ⇒ Cape Town, Western Cape
Official Website ⇒ https://www.uct.ac.za/
UCT Lecturer Job Description:
The Faculty of Humanities is seeking to employ one permanent Lecturer in the Humanities Education Development Unit (Hum EDU)
with effect from 1 February, 2023.
At present, the HUM EDU manages the Faculty of Humanities’ 4-year BA and BSocSci Degrees. This includes running Introductory
Courses (in collaboration with the Centre for Higher Education Development – CHED), managing the Plus Tutorials and promoting
the education development and well-being of undergraduate Humanities students more generally. The HUM EDU is in the process
of a merger with the Student Support and Engagement Unit, with an aim to developing a sustainable, holistic academic and student
support ecosystem that enhances students’ success and well-being in the Humanities faculty from their point of entering into the
institution and throughout their educational journey at the university.
The central responsibility of this position is to design, teach and convene introductory courses in the Humanities Faculty at first
year level on the 4 year general degree programmes with a focus on arts disciplines (Film and media Studies, Languages and
Literature, etc.). The appointee will also contribute to varied and on-going educational interventions and research in the wider
• Design and teach the “Working with Texts in the Humanities” first year course
• Convene and manage all aspects of running the course, including tutor supervision, assignments and examinations
• Monitor and evaluate student performance on the course and on the 3 and 4 year programmes in general and implement
effective interventions to improve these
• Participate in the Unit’s work towards embedding pedagogical innovations and support in undergraduate and postgraduate
• Assist in Faculty-wide educational training and interventions such as tutor training; staff training; assisting departments to
develop augmented courses and pedagogically sound programmes; assisting departments with accreditation of extended
degree courses and programmes; and assisting departments with other pedagogical and educational interventions
• Participate in the Unit’s educational research and evaluations; write progress reports and proposals for research funding
• Conduct and publish research that contributes to the education field and, where related, to the incumbent’s own discipline
• Contribute to the general work of the Unit such as registration, curriculum advising, Faculty Examination Committees; and
participate in relevant committees and meetings in the Faculty and University.
• Rotating responsibility for the annual Orientation programme
• A Master’s degree in a relevant Humanities field
• PhD close to completion in a relevant Humanities field
• Relevant teaching experience
• Relevant curriculum and materials development experience
• Demonstrated research capability
The following would be advantageous:
• A postgraduate qualification in education
• Experience in working with second language students from diverse educational backgrounds
• High level IT skills
• An ability to work independently and in a team
• Fluency in an indigenous South African language
• Evidence of good, reflective teaching practice
The remuneration package, including benefits for 2023 is R805 385 per annum.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ian Peterson at [email protected]
– UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
– Cover letter, and
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Telephone: 021 650 5405 Website: www.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E220456 Closing date: 31 December 2023
“UCT is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity, and redress in achieving its equity
targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets.
Preference will be given to candidates from the under-represented designated groups. Our Employment Equity Policy is available
at www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. “