SARS Functional Specialist Vacancies 2023 In Pretoria, Gauteng
SARS Vacancies 2022 - Current Government Vacancies In Pretoria, Gauteng
SARS Functional Specialist Vacancies 2023 In Pretoria, Gauteng || SARS Indeed Jobs In Pretoria, Gauteng:- Hello friends, welcome to our job portal. We are sharing some information with you about SARS Vacancies. SARS Department/Company has released Functional Specialist Jobs in Gauteng. By the way, SARS always publishes good jobs for you, and we convey those SARS jobs to you with the help of the SARS Careers Portal. We post current jobs like Indeed Jobs for you. You can also see this about SARS Jobs Near Me because at any location you want to see employment, whether Pretoria, Gauteng jobs, or any city/state in South Africa, I will also get information about them.
Gauteng Jobs Seekers, Here we have provided the SARS Vacancies Job Description, and a SARS Functional Specialist Vacancies online link, so candidates can apply at SARS official website. You Can Bookmark Our Job Portal For South Africa Government Vacancies, SARS Job Vacancies, And Za Government Jobs.
SARS Functional Specialist Jobs Details Here:
Department Name ⇒ SARS
Position Name ⇒ Functional Specialist
Job Location ⇒ Pretoria, Gauteng
Official Website ⇒ https://www.sars.gov.za/
SARS Functional Specialist Job Description:
About the Position
SARS is looking for a skilled, experienced, results driven, self-directed individual with sound judgement and strong business acumen who will contribute towards our higher purpose and service orientation. S/he will be responsible to conduct criminal investigations, independently, into tax and customs non-compliance. Attention to detail, sound knowledge of the relevant Policies and Procedures of the Tactical Analysis and Investigations space, within the Syndicated Tax and Customs Crime Division, as well as an existing understanding and experience using the relevant data access points relevant to conducting investigations within SARS is a must. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter and needs acquit him/her-self of this role in a professional manner.
To conduct criminal investigations, independently, criminal and illicit organized and syndicated tax, customs & excise evasion schemes, as well as participate in activities in order to promote and ensure compliance
Education and Experience
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
Relevant National Diploma / Advanced Certificate Audit/ Taxation (NQF 6) AND 3-4 years’ experience in Investigative Audit/ Forensic Audit environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 6 years related tax investigations experience
- Answer enquiries related to investigation conducted and ensure correct reporting of data on cases.
- Investigate and obtain the required evidence in accordance with the MOU between SARS, NPA and SAPS.
- Provide assistance to other law enforcement agencies as and when required, within the mandate of the Acts administered by SARS.
- Understand & operate a variety of IT software applications to retrieve, compare & analyse data to produce operational & management information.
- Plan and implement action necessary to conduct full scope investigations without supervision.
- Plan and organise own work tasks within area of work.
- Assist fellow investigators when interviewing informers and possible witnesses to gather information on offences in respect of Acts administered by the Commissioner.
- Apply knowledge of the Legal framework relative to the work.
- Prepare the various reports and records required for the Quarterly performance reviews conducted by the manager.
- Present the various matters to the various committees as and when required, including but not limited to, pre-assessment committee, various debt committees and the objection and appeal allocation committees.
- Evaluate, collate and analyse information received from the investigator to support the various team members as and when required.
- Liaise under supervision with Law Enforcement agencies in relation to specific investigations and with third parties regarding information and or evidence.
- Obtain required information and evidence in terms of relevant legislation, policies and procedures, under limited supervision.
- Determine various tax risks by completing a tax Hygiene regarding the various tasks and cases allocated.
- Assist the project team in the preparation of the various reports and letters required when finalising a project or a case as defined in the various SOP’s.
- Raise assessments once the matters have been approved by the various governance structures in SARS.
- Draw conclusions about the nature and scope of suspected criminal activities and where appropriate, identify suspects and or entities involved.
- Determine the relevance for completion of RSN to report wilful acts on non-compliance to SARS legislation during the audit or when it is complete.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers, SARS role players and third parties to achieve predefined objectives.
- Constantly align own work method to changes in work requirements, procedures, policies, processes, and delivery systems to meet contracted targets or set timelines.
- Be informed on related acts, legislation and regulations that might impact on own work.
- Correctly apply applicable legislation, including amongst other policies, procedures, and SOPs in the delivery of work outputs.
- Use practical and applied knowledge and situational judgement to consider policy implications and to arrive at decisions / conclusions.
- Accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to area of specialisation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation.
- Execute process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of specialisation and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Provide specialist support and advice to team members and promote multi skilling within the team.
- Drive own performance and development in order to achieve and improve on work outputs in line with required response time, quality and service delivery standards.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Adhere to specified standards, policies and procedures to prevent wastage on resources and escalate associated risk.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and provide specialist support to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Fairness and Transparency
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Ability
- Attention to Detail
- Honesty and Integrity
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Organisational Awareness
- Building Sustainability
- Drive for Results
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Efficiency improvement
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving and Judgement
- Planning and Organising
- Business Acumen
- Risk Identification
- Financial Accounting
- Investigative skills
- Fraud Investigation
- Search and Seizure
- GOC Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening, case study, pre-assessment, psychometric assessment and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.