Lancet Laboratories Phlebotomist Vacancies 2023
Lancet Laboratories Vacancies 2022 - Current Government Vacancies In Cape Town, Western Cape
Lancet Laboratories Phlebotomist Vacancies 2023 In Cape Town, Western Cape || Lancet Laboratories Indeed Jobs In Cape Town, Western Cape:- Hello friends, welcome to our job portal. We are sharing some information with you about Lancet Laboratories Vacancies. Lancet Laboratories Department/Company has released Phlebotomist Jobs in Western Cape. By the way, Lancet Laboratories always publishes good jobs for you, and we convey those Lancet Laboratories jobs to you with the help of the Lancet Laboratories Careers Portal. We post current jobs like Indeed Jobs for you. You can also see this about Lancet Laboratories Jobs Near Me because at any location you want to see employment, whether Cape Town, Western Cape jobs, or any city/state in South Africa, I will also get information about them.
Western Cape Jobs Seekers, Here we have provided the Lancet Laboratories Vacancies Job Description, and a Lancet Laboratories Phlebotomist Vacancies online link, so candidates can apply at Lancet Laboratories official website. You Can Bookmark Our Job Portal For South Africa Government Vacancies, Lancet Laboratories Job Vacancies, And Za Government Jobs.
Lancet Laboratories Phlebotomist Jobs Details Here:
Department Name ⇒ Lancet Laboratories
Position Name ⇒ Phlebotomist
Job Location ⇒ Cape Town, Western Cape
Official Website ⇒ https://careers.lancet.co.za/
Lancet Laboratories Phlebotomist Job Description:
Reference No: 724172
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Phlebotomist. This is a Permanent – Phlebotomist position based at Cape Town.
Collects blood and other specimens for clinical analysis, evaluation and/ or diagnostic purposes
Registration in relevant discipline with HPCSA/ SANC
0-2 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
Anatomy, physiology and medical terminology relevant to medical pathology
Laboratory information systems
Medical ethical guidelines in the medical pathology fields
Organisational policy procedures
• Ensures that patients/ clients from whom a blood or other specimen (e.g. body fluids, tissue and excretion) is to be taken, are correctly identified and educated about the actual procedure and their rights, in compliance with relevant standard operating procedures and in accordance with scope of practice.
• Draws blood and collects non-blood specimens from patients/ clients at various locations, using the correct and sterile equipment in a manner that will yield the best results. This may include the use of Point of Care (POC) biomedical instrumentation systems and rapid testing kits for pathology.
• Observes the physical condition of patients during blood taking and applies sound first aid practices in order to ensure the safety and comfort of patients/ clients.
• Ensures that bio-hazardous waste is disposed of in the correct manner to comply with relevant safety protocols and standard operating procedures.
• Keeps records of specimens collected and ensures that all patient details and clinical information is accurately recorded.
• Ensures dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures and monitors progress and filing of reports, including handling queries and report delivery, in line with prescribed turn around requirements.
• Monitors stock levels of all collection materials, including venesection ³bleeding´bags, and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times.
• Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external quality control audits
• Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff.
• Assists pathologists with special procedures (e.g. bone marrows, fine needle aspirates, sweat tests, pap smears, etc.) when required and in compliance with relevant working instructions and standard operating procedures.
• Uses knowledge of HIV and AIDS to provide pre-test information and support where relevant.
• Receiving cash from patients and ensuring banking of monies in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
• Reports incidents, logs customer complaints and problem solution, reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
Ability to cope with nervous / distressed patients
Ability to work in a pressured environment
Ability to work as part of a team
Adherence to company dress code
Attention To Detail
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience level.
Lancet Labs is committed to providing a safe working environment for employees, patients, clients, visitors and members of the public with whom we interact regularly. We believe that vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and spread of COVID-19 cases in the workplace and is the key element in a multi layered approach to protect staff. All applicants will need to provide a valid certificate of full vaccination status and agrees to booster vaccinations, as the country’s vaccination policy changes, with the possibility of additional booster shots if required. Lancet Laboratories reserves the right to apply its vaccination policy when screening applications.