CSIR Master’s Studentship Vacancies 2023 In Pretoria, Gauteng
CSIR Vacancies 2022 - Current Government Vacancies In Pretoria, Gauteng
CSIR Master’s Studentship Vacancies 2023 In Pretoria, Gauteng || CSIR Indeed Jobs In Pretoria, Gauteng:- Hello friends, welcome to our job portal. We are sharing some information with you about CSIR Vacancies. CSIR Department/Company has released Master’s Studentship Jobs in Gauteng. By the way, CSIR always publishes good jobs for you, and we convey those CSIR jobs to you with the help of the CSIR Careers Portal. We post current jobs like Indeed Jobs for you. You can also see this about CSIR Jobs Near Me because at any location you want to see employment, whether Pretoria, Gauteng jobs, or any city/state in South Africa, I will also get information about them.
Gauteng Jobs Seekers, Here we have provided the CSIR Vacancies Job Description, and a CSIR Master’s Studentship Vacancies online link, so candidates can apply at CSIR official website. You Can Bookmark Our Job Portal For South Africa Government Vacancies, CSIR Job Vacancies, And Za Government Jobs.
CSIR Master’s Studentship Jobs Details Here:
Department Name ⇒ CSIR
Position Name ⇒ Master’s Studentship
Job Location ⇒ Pretoria, Gauteng
Official Website ⇒ https://www.csir.co.za/
CSIR Master’s Studentship Job Description:
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation that researches, develops, localises and diffuses technologies to accelerate socio-economic prosperity in South Africa. The organisation’s work contributes to industrial development and supports a capable state.
Master’s Studentship: Voice Computing
About the job:
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Master’s Studentship: Voice Computing in the Voice Computing Research Group within the Next Generation Enterprises and Institutions Cluster. The incumbent will be responsible for undertaking research and development in Voice Computing. This position is based in Pretoria.
For more information about the cluster, please visit https://www.csir.co.za/nextgen-enterprises-and-institutions.
- Text-to-speech (TTS)
- Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR)
- Controlled Natural language processing (CNLP)
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Prepare research proposal to be approved by both the CSIR and the university;
- Prepare written literature overview of the current state-of-the-art relevant to the research topic;
- Perform original research to solve the open research problem that the student identified in his/her proposal;
- Produce sufficient quantity and quality of peer-reviewed publications based on this research topic;
- Compile the Masters’ thesis and defending the work successfully;
- Contribute to extra activities that may be outside the scope of the masters’ research as per the needs of the research group. The amount of such work shall be limited to 20% of the total time.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- An Honour’s degree in electronic/computer engineering, computer science, or a related/relevant field.
- All international qualifications require an evaluation report / certificate issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA);
- Must have knowledge of Open-Source development tools and an understanding of the Linux OS;
- Knowledge in speech synthesis, speech recognition, natural language processing or human computer interaction or any related machine learning background would be advantageous;
- Good programming skills in related software, preferably Python/C/Java;
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to interact efficiently with diverse teams of people;
- Strong analytical skills including good mathematical and statistical ability.
Applicants must attach the following documents:
- An abstract of research statement/philosophy (maximum two pages) that highlights the problem statement, research questions, research objectives and expected outputs/outcomes/impact of the research;
- Certified copies of the applicant’s latest academic results or transcript;
- Certified copies of tertiary qualifications;
- Curriculum vitae;
- If applicable, proof of registration from the university or a confirmation letter from the university supervisor that she/he is willing to be involved in the candidate supervision.