CSIR Doctoral Studentship Vacancies 2023 In Pretoria, Gauteng
CSIR Vacancies 2022 - Current Government Vacancies In Pretoria, Gauteng
CSIR Doctoral Studentship Vacancies 2023 In Pretoria, Gauteng || CSIR Indeed Jobs In Pretoria, Gauteng:- Hello friends, welcome to our job portal. We are sharing some information with you about CSIR Vacancies. CSIR Department/Company has released Doctoral Studentship Jobs in Gauteng. By the way, CSIR always publishes good jobs for you, and we convey those CSIR jobs to you with the help of the CSIR Careers Portal. We post current jobs like Indeed Jobs for you. You can also see this about CSIR Jobs Near Me because at any location you want to see employment, whether Pretoria, Gauteng jobs, or any city/state in South Africa, I will also get information about them.
Gauteng Jobs Seekers, Here we have provided the CSIR Vacancies Job Description, and a CSIR Doctoral Studentship Vacancies online link, so candidates can apply at CSIR official website. You Can Bookmark Our Job Portal For South Africa Government Vacancies, CSIR Job Vacancies, And Za Government Jobs.
CSIR Doctoral Studentship Jobs Details Here:
Department Name ⇒ CSIR
Position Name ⇒ Doctoral Studentship
Job Location ⇒ Pretoria, Gauteng
Official Website ⇒ https://www.csir.co.za/
CSIR Doctoral Studentship Job Description:
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation that researches, develops, localises and diffuses technologies to accelerate socio-economic prosperity in South Africa. The organisation’s work contributes to industrial development and supports a capable state.
Doctoral Studentship: Internet of Things (IoT)
About the job:
The CSIR has one Doctoral Studentship opportunity in the Emerging Digital Technologies for Fourth Industrial Revolution (EDT4IR) Research Centre, within the Next Generation Enterprises and Institutions Cluster. The Doctoral student needs to conduct original research in Internet of Things (IoT) for Smart Grid Systems. This opportunity is based in Pretoria.
Candidates must position their proposed topic within one of the five thematic areas listed below. Although certain specific topics of interest are suggested within each thematic area, candidates can propose any other topic of personal interest in any thematic area.
- Internet of Things (IoT) in smart grids
- Design and implementation of IoT-based smart grid emulators
- Development of an effective microgrid implementation framework
- Implementation of next generation IoT communication systems for smart grids
- Transactive energy (TE)
- Electrical stability and economic viability of transactive energy systems.
- Design and analyses of efficient communication systems for integrating TE in smart grids.
- TE-based smart grid power system modelling
- Development of TE controllers for smart grids.
- Edge intelligence in smart grids
- Integration of edge intelligence capabilities in IoT-based smart grid systems
- Implementation of edge intelligence architectures for smart grids
- DC Nangorids
- Development of innovative mist computing systems for DC nanogrids
- Application of machine learning in DC nanogrids
- Standards, communication protocols, and technologies for DC nanogrids
- Modelling and characterization of smart grid systems
- Channel modelling and characterization for smart grid applications
- Improved data transmission techniques in smart grid networks.
- Prepare a research proposal to be approved by both the CSIR and the university;
- Prepare a written literature overview of the current state-of-the-art relevant to the research topic;
- Perform original research to solve the open research problem that will be identified by the student in his/her proposal.
- Produce sufficient quantity and quality of peer-reviewed publications based on the identified research topic.
- Compile the doctoral thesis and defending the work successfully.
- Contribute to extra activities that may be outside the scope of the doctoral research as per the needs of the research group. The amount of such work shall be limited to 20% of the total time.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Master’s degree in computer or electronic engineering, or computer science;
- The ability to generate research questions and hypotheses: Review, critique and synthesize a body of research, identify significant gaps in knowledge, methods and study subjects to develop research questions and testable hypotheses;
- Effectively communicate issues, research findings and implications of research verbally and in writing to appropriate professional and public audiences;
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who takes ownership, initiative, and with a willingness to learn;
- The ability to work well under pressure both as part of a team and independently;
- Good programming skills in related software, preferably Python/C++/MATLAB;
- Good knowledge of Smart Grid systems and other enabling technologies, particularly Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence;
- A good peer-reviewed publication record will be advantageous.
Applicants must attach the following documents:
- A mini proposal of the candidate’s research statement/philosophy (maximum two pages) with the following clear subsections: Title, a brief background, the problem statement, research questions, research objectives and expected outputs/outcomes/impact in any of the thematic research areas mentioned above.
- Certified copies of the applicant’s latest academic results or transcript.
- Certified copies of tertiary qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae.
- If applicable, proof of registration from the university or a confirmation letter from the university supervisor that she/he is willing to be involved in the candidate supervision.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that all the above required individual documents are combined into a single PDF document before submitting.
Closing date: 02 January 2023
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.