- Full Time
- Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Website Coca-Cola Beverages Africa
To ensure optimal asset performance reliability and availability across CCBA through eliminating all forms of loss and waste on a particular machine type. Managing all aspects to ensure the delivery of reduced risk, best quality products at the lowest total life cycle cost through the identification, implementation and entrenchment of best practices.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Maximize asset reliability and availability:
- Provide deep technical expertise to support the CCBA plants and engineers.
- Participate in development and validation of Global Packaging Engineering specifications and standards – including all safety, quality, and efficiency aspects of the equipment operation.
- Increase Packaging lines Maintainability and Reliability through both continuous and breakthrough improvement initiatives.
- Provide local and remote packaging troubleshooting support.
- Support implementation of relevant Communities of Practice (CoP’s), identify good practices that gets updated in existing BWP’s, escalate and multiply.
- Support/enhance the Centre of Excellence management system by creating operational standards: SOP’s, WI’s, BWP’s etc, written and video training material.
- Provide feedback to technology vendors and OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) to provide performance improvement solutions.
- Deploy classroom and hands-on-based training to other engineering practitioners, field operations and maintenance teams, and assist in developing pipeline of Plant Technical Experts (PTEs)
- Apply engineering analysis to systems/equipment design and drive modifications to support debottlenecking production lines.
- Deliver high throughput and quality by generating effective preventative and predictive maintenance plans.
- Identify trends in asset performance using RCM analysis and implement solutions to reduce breakdowns and improve machine efficiency.
- Analyse asset performance trends and generate preventative improvement plans.
- Monitor reliability indicators based on the failure reports and notifications generated.
- Monitor adherence to the preventative and predictive maintenance plans – adjust accordingly and take corrective action.
- Monitor asset, asset care indicators and take necessary corrective action.
- Monitor asset product quality with internal customer interaction to ensure reliability on asset.
- Identify and eliminate poor maintenance practices.
- Ensure adherence to internal and external operating and maintenance standards.
- Drive efficiency by ensuring that learnings from downtime are replicated across similar asset across the group.
- Reduce mean time to repair and secondary breakdowns by ensuring adherence to good engineering and maintenance standards.
Problem solving and risk management.
- Evaluate effectiveness of regional problem solving through the analysis of formal problem-solving documentation.
- Support and Co-ordinate higher level problem solving for equipment by applying standard problem-solving tools – informed by Loss & Waste on availability and variable usages.
- Identify maintenance risks and address accordingly through CAPEX and OPEX projects.
- Maintain the maintenance TCO and ensure appropriately prioritised plans.
- Optimise the asset maintenance life cycle cost through life cycle costing analysis.
- Reduce life cycle costing by improving asset maintainability.
Fixed cost management and implement best practice principles
- Facilitate the generation of operational budgets for relevant assets to optimise maintenance costs.
- Monitor and report weekly on budget adherence and adjust plans accordingly.
- Escalate non-adherence to fixed maintenance cost plan timeously.
- Identification of spare requirements on asset to optimise stock holding and to minimise downtime.
- Identify and implement cost saving opportunities where spares and components needed for maintenance can be reliably sourced cheaper.
- Where best practice is not available, identify and define good maintenance practices (benchmarking against similar assets where possible) and implement accordingly.
Support NPD implementation and trials and deliver on projects
- Support implementation and trials of NPD to be able to run on assets.
- Ensure adherence to NPD procedures and all changes on assets are well documented using the engineering change management business processes.
- Train, coach, assess and sign-off Machine Area Specialists’ and PA’s on maintenance best practices and engineering standards.
- Development of technical standards and work instructions.
Skills, Experience & Education
- N6 with Trade Test
- National Higher Diploma (Mechanical / electrical with some instrumentation) as added advantage
- 10 years relevant work experience
- PC literacy essential – Microsoft packages and ERPM
- Be able to bring own views across clearly without damaging the relationship with the other party. Choose an appropriate methods and implement to meet targets and best practice and encourage team members to be more productive.
- To analyse the relationships between events, circumstances and forces beyond the obvious and draws insightful conclusions, at a micro and macro level. Demonstrate the understanding of the inter-relationships between systems and processes and consolidate information into a coherent whole.
- Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others and tailors the content of speech to the level and experience of the audience.
- Have the ability to coach individuals and facilitate larger groups in the training of technical aspects and expertise.
- Use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- The ability to apply planning skills in order to, schedule activities and prioritise resources in the achievement of an objective.
Timely Decision Making
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
To apply for this job please visit ccba.erecruit.co.