- Full Time
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Setup server-level roles to help manage permissions on a server.
- Manage user access to SQL Server and REDCap and assign user permissions to individual databases and data collection tools.
Database Management and Development:
- Configure and troubleshoot Databases, Tables, Views, in SQL and Projects in REDCap.
- Independently create workflows using Alteryx to manage the flow of Data between Data sources.
Quality improvement & Capacity Development:
- Data process mapping: support data processes including input on data collection tools, data flows, Standard Operating Procedures.
- Upskilling: Train users to use reports and dashboards.
- QI: Participate in programme quality improvement processes.
- Cross-skilling: Learn how to compile all reports that are produced by the team and be willing to transfer knowledge as required.
- Manage the development and performance of SQL databases for web applications, businesses and organizations.
- Develop and scale SQL databases based on the organization’s needs.
- Configure servers and processes and automate tasks to improve reliability and cut down on development time.
- Provide guidance on complex queries and the optimization of processes and statements.
Data Analysis and Solutions:
- Obtain requirements from the SI Analyst or ES Team Lead and analyses specific requirements and translate them into workable solutions.
- Create/build the solution to address the requirement, using code that aligns with original technical specifications.
Upskilling and Cross-skilling:
- Upskilling: Constantly seek out new methods to better handle data and increase system efficiency.
- Cross-skilling: Learn how to conduct routine tasks required by other members of the team and be willing to transfer knowledge as required.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Certificate in computer science, information technology or equivalent qualification
- 3+ years’ experience in Database Development and ETL processes (Essential), with an additional 1 years’ experience in the above (Desirable)
- 3+ years’ Experience working with MS SQL Server (Essential), Microsoft Development Stack and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in Data Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery options for MSSQL Server Implementation of operational automation using scripts
- Experience with backups and restores, Windows server (including Active Directory)
- Experience with DATIM, DHIS, ETR.NET, TIER.Net and Health Indicators (Desirable)
- Basic SSIS Integration Skills
- Proficient in Data Warehousing
- Ability to organize, analyze and disseminate data in various formats
- Passionate about excellent service delivery.
- Deadline-driven and good at self-management and personal upskilling
- Experience within the NGO or Health Sector will be an added advantage
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication together with stakeholder management skills
- Proactive with a problem solving and innovative mindset
To apply for this job please visit anovahealth.simplify.hr.