- Full Time
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist who will be required to provide a holistic HR service and support to the Hammarsdale Distribution Center within Ackermans. This person will be responsible to support and help manage key people initiatives and associated resources in cooperation with the HR Manager, ensuring that effective service is rendered to stakeholders and that the HR strategies drive business results.
A 3 year tertiary HR Qualification (Human Resource Management/Industrial and/or Organizational Psychology).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
A minimum of three year’s relevant experience gained as a HR Generalist within a HR team, preferably in a retail environment, and/or five years experience gained as an HR Administrator in a retail environment.
A working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). A working knowledge of Employment Legislation and CCMA proceedings. The candidate would have to show the following skills: High levels of confidentiality, resilience, credibility and trust. Customer services focus both internally and externally and ensuring good interpersonal relationships. Accuracy in execution, attention to detail and reliability in meeting set deadlines and work with sense of urgency. Set priorities and uses organization and administration skills. Good communicator – oral & written. Be innovative and show initiative. Be self-reliant, self-motivated and take responsibility and have a sense of pride in work execution. Be able to work independently, as well as be a team player.
- Performance Management: drive and track performance management discussions
- Succession Planning: consolidate feedback and training from KPI discussions.
- Recruitment and Selection: assist with the recruitment process from advertising to shortlisting and interviews.
- Induction programmes Exit interviews HR Advice and support with regards to policies, procedures and IR issues.
- Talent Mapping: drive and track information regarding talent mapping.
- Compile and Coordinate HR and Payroll admin; inputs to payroll, correspondence, offer letters, regret letters filing and record keeping, organogram updates etc. Work on HR Related projects
To apply for this job please visit www.ackermans.co.za.