Anglo American Senior Hydrogeologist Vacancies 2023 In Musina, Limpopo
Anglo American Vacancies 2022 - Current Government Vacancies In Musina, Limpopo
Anglo American Senior Hydrogeologist Vacancies 2023 In Musina, Limpopo || Anglo American Indeed Jobs In Musina, Limpopo:- Hello friends, welcome to our job portal. We are sharing some information with you about Anglo American Vacancies. Anglo American Department/Company has released Senior Hydrogeologist Jobs in Limpopo. By the way, Anglo American always publishes good jobs for you, and we convey those Anglo American jobs to you with the help of the Anglo American Careers Portal. We post current jobs like Indeed Jobs for you. You can also see this about Anglo American Jobs Near Me because at any location you want to see employment, whether Musina, Limpopo jobs, or any city/state in South Africa, I will also get information about them.
Limpopo Jobs Seekers, Here we have provided the Anglo American Vacancies Job Description, and a Anglo American Senior Hydrogeologist Vacancies online link, so candidates can apply at Anglo American official website. You Can Bookmark Our Job Portal For South Africa Government Vacancies, Anglo American Job Vacancies, And Za Government Jobs.
Anglo American Senior Hydrogeologist Jobs Details Here:
Department Name ⇒ Anglo American
Position Name ⇒ Senior Hydrogeologist
Job Location ⇒ Musina, Limpopo
Official Website ⇒ https://www.angloamerican.com/
Anglo American Senior Hydrogeologist Job Description:
We have high standards. You’ll ensure we meet them.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world, with a mission to support local communities, protect our natural environment and shape a brighter future.
Venetia Mine is South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine. As we develop the mine underground, it is also one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country.
If you are an experienced Senior Hydrogeologist who shares our belief in a better future for mining, we would like to hear from you.
In return, we provide a world-class working environment with generous financial and personalised work-life benefits as well as developmental opportunities to bring out the best in you.
The Senior Hydrogeologist will provide expert hydrogeological input into the establishment and safe management of groundwater operational strategies / activities related to cave mining methods, in accordance with the Anglo American Water Management Plan / Guidelines. The role is intended to ensure that input is provided into mine designs and planning for operational through to long term activities, with due consideration for the local hydrogeological and geotechnical environment, together with requirements for safe, productive mining execution.
You are required to:
- Review, upgrade and upkeep of seepage mapping database; reporting and formats.
- Monthly Groundwater report detailing all the processes followed and status of various hydrogeological projects / test work in accordance with the Anglo American standards.
- Review, upgrade and upkeep of Groundwater TARP and implement appropriate Groundwater triggers and alarm thresholds.
- Identify hydrogeological hazards; risks and/or opportunities through regular analysis and interpretation of hydro- and geotechnical data and underground inspections.
- Recommend suitable instrumentation to monitor and / or treat identified hazards or opportunities.
- Perform appropriate groundwater tests / measurements; analyses and / or calculations; and prepare reports for forward use by Geotechnical team and other appointed Consultants.
- Direct the collection of hydro- and geotechnical data to update the Hydrogeological model.
- Core logging related to groundwater drilling and groundwater strikes during core drilling, for characterisation of the groundwater (where the water comes from, why does it manifest the way it does etc).
- Dewatering of underground workings to ensure dry and safe mining conditions
- Maintain groundwater level below mining level
- Grade 12 / Std 10 / N3 /relevant National NQF4 level qualification.
- BSc Honours degree in Hydrogeology or similarly aligned qualification
- Professional registration SANIRE; SAIMM (advantageous)
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in hydrogeology in mining operations (consulting and/or operational experience)
- Experience in large scale mine dewatering systems
- Experience in depressurization systems
- Experience with site-wide water balances
- Computer literate: MS Office and discipline specific software (GEMCOM,Leapfrog, Datamine and Deswik is Advantageous)
- Work on site at Mine operation will be required. This may involve activities of a physical nature in a typical mine environment (for example noise, vibration, heat, small spaces, reduced visibility)
- Computer Literacy – MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook)
- Effective communication skills in English (written and verbal
- Valid drivers’ license (EB)
- Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground which would include Heat Tolerance Testing
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications verification, relevant psychometric assessments and a clear security clearance
Who we are
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
- For all internal applicants,you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV.
This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate line manager and Head of Department, failure to do so would render your application invalid
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria